I'm not lying, I picked the Supergirl outfit because it's a super simple construction (or so I hope). My previous post shows how I intend to build it. It's essentially a long sleeved t-shirt and a circle skirt.... 'xept I've never made long sleeves before (DAMMIT) and the applique in the 'boob' area could spell sure death (DAMMIT).
Anyway I needed a pattern. I made the bodice block from a T-shirt I like, sellotaped some old newspaper together, drew around it with one colour marker pen, then made any alterations (neckline and hem really) added seam allowances and made a final cutting line, it ended up looking like this:
the big black line is the cutting line, they green lines are the construction lines... but you knew that!
et voila! my bodice pattern! ... I found a 3/4 sleeve in a pattern I had in my pattern stash and redrafted that for more length, but sleeves aren't interesting....
Here's a skirt and belt pattern!
As you can see I've added the 'V' shape on the hem... I didn't know what to do at the waistline so I've left that for figuring out with my muslin.
And a cape made much the same way.... for some reason the picture will not upload and stay portrait.... it wants to be landscape... I shall not let it.
Last bit of pattern making!
I also needed another template for that background to the 'S' logo, just another diamond, slightly smaller than the first.so that the edges don't stick out :-)
OK tomorrow! muslin making (first time for everything) and constructing that all important 'S'
smell ya later!